Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Dining Room--Before

This post is about the horror of my current dining room situation.

Here is a picture of the back of the kitchen cabinets above the kitchen sink. If you look closely you can see through to the stove (with a lovely backs plash that I did all by my lonesome!). You can also see how dark it is in there. There is absolutely zero natural light that can make it through to the kitchen. None!


Here is a picture of the longest wall in my dining room, in all its wall papered glory. You can just see the edge of my "secretary" desk over in the corner. Of course the wall is longer than this (not by much!), but this is just to give you an idea of the awful wall paper:


Lastly, here is a full on picture of the secretary and the little attempts at decoration that I've made on that side of the room (notice the wine theme?)

I'm not going to show you the final (and shortest) wall right now because that would entail showing you my completely "naked" shelves that are only half organized and half a mess. But it's more of the same.

Plans for this room are to take down the wall paper and remove the divider between the two rooms (and figure out how to get some additional storage space back once I've done so). Then the top half (currently wall papered) will be painted a sort of wine-ish color (Rambling Rose from Sherwin Williams) and the bottom half (currently wood colored bead board) will be painted Antique White and glazed with an antiquing glaze to give it a softer look.

Technically this post is only the "before" part of a "Before and After" but I wanted everyone to be able to see the hideousness that is my dining room before we got started on the improvements. Once they're done you can be sure I'll shout it from the rooftop (or I would if I could get up there). Then I'll be able to start on my upstairs bathroom and my bedroom. But one step at a time I always say...

No comments:

Post a Comment